Smart technology has exploded in recent years. In many areas of our lives, it’s no longer a luxury, but a necessity and our homes are no exceptions. Just as smart phones replaced their predecessor, the flip phone, smart home technologies are offering homeowners convenience and comfort that just a few years ago could only be imagined.
If you haven’t yet joined the smart home revolution, here are six smart home technologies you may want to consider.
- Appliances. Ovens that preheat when you tell them to, robot vacuums and refrigerators that let you know when you’re running low on orange juice are just a few examples of the smart appliances you can buy for your home. Beyond the convenience they offer, smart appliances often use less electricity than their non-smart counterparts.
- Locks. Forgot your keys before you left the house? No problem. Smart locks let you lock and unlock your doors from your phone. Some even have voice activation and send you an alert when someone is trying to enter your house.
- Doorbells. Want to know who’s ringing your doorbell before you stop what you’re doing to answer it? Smart doorbells provide 24×7 video of your front door, which you can access from your phone when someone rings the doorbell.
- Water detection systems. Sensors in your home detect leaks before they become big, expensive problems. Not only will they give you peace of mind, but they may also help you save on homeowner’s insurance. Some insurers offer a discount if you have one.
- Thermostats. Smart thermostats go beyond giving you the ability to set different temperatures based on whether you’re home, at work or sleeping. You can control them with your smart phone, tablet or smart speaker even if you’re not at home. Some also have multiple sensors you can place in different areas of your house to create different heating and cooling “zones.”
- Smart speakers. Smart speakers use voice recognition software to provide a variety of information to the user. You can check the weather, get the news, order products, stream music and more depending on the type you have.
Whether you’re looking to add some “smart” touches to your existing home or find a new home that’s already wired for your convenience, we can help you find the loan that’s right for you. Give us a call today to get started.