Happy Earth Day! Today and everyday is a chance to make a change to “go green” and protect the earth.
Below are 5 ways to consider in keeping your home eco-friendly:
- Consider investing in Smart Thermostats and Smart Plugs. This technology can help you save energy and money by allowing you to control the heating, cooling, lights, and appliances in your home from anywhere.
- Avoid using disposable plastics, especially single-use plastics like bottles, bags and straws. Instead, choose reusable bottles for water and reusable mugs for coffee and tea.
- Fix leaky faucets and showerheads, or even purchase a high-efficiency water-saving showerhead!
- Take items you already own, such as empty mason jars, and repurpose them to be used as planter boxes, candy jars, and more.
- Use energy-efficient appliances and electronics. Did you know that if you move your heater thermostat down two degrees in winter and up two degrees in the summer, you can reduce your carbon footprint by 2,000 pounds?*
*For more Earth Day Tips, visit earthday.org!
Whether you are converting to a Smart Home or making home improvements, tapping into your home’s equity can be a great way to fund any project. Contact an HFG Licensed Mortgage Professional near you to learn more!